You are here
The Internationaux de Strasbourg has undertaken a "global" approach, taking into account all the organizational functions of the event in order to reduce its carbon footprint. We work with a continuous improvement approach year after year to strengthen our status as the 1st eco-friendly event in France.
The objective is also to raise awareness among all the public (partners, service providers, players, spectators) and to support social actions.
Find out now our eco-friendly commitment by clicking here.
OUR PRINCIPAL ACTIONS
WASTE RECYCLING AND SORTING:
- "Operation New Tennis Balls" during the tournament, 18 000 balls have been recycled since 2010
- Numerous sorting points on the tournament site will be there for all the spectators with setting up of a reinforced signage to make the prevention towards each public
- Management and recycling of bio-waste of the VIP catering and players. Unused food (120 kg / year) is collected and redistributed to local associations
- Recycling tournament covers to make promotional items
- Use of reusable glasses to avoid plastic waste
- Reimbursement of the tram ticket (with CTS company) to and from the spectators to encourage them to take public transport. Use the code "IS19TRAM".
- Free parking for spectators who come in car-pool (3 or more in a car)
- Promotional code on IS tickets for spectators coming by TGV / TER (SNCF)
- Partnership with our official BMW carrier for the provision of electric and hybrid cars for the travel of the players and the organizing team
- Choice of hotels with the label "Clef Verte"
- Proximity to the tournament site to reduce your travel
FOOD PROVIDERS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Use of organic, local and seasonal products (up to 70%)
- Consumption of organic spirits through our supplier "Arthur Metz"
- Use of eco-designed dishes
- Selection of providers according to sustainable development criteria
- Choice of print media with official eco-label
- Reduction of impressions (VIP packs and dematerialized invitations)
- Use of an "eco-responsible event" logo in our communication, recognized by the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME)
- Demonstration and initiation to Tennis in Armchair with the best French players of the discipline
- Dissemination of awareness-raising films and highlighting on the tournament of social associations such as the Institute of Brain and Moëlle spinière (ICM) and the Regional Association of Assistance to the Handicapped Moteurs (ARAHM)
- Establishment of a signpost to raise awareness of the eco-responsible gestures to be adopted
- Highlighting our eco-responsible actions on the tournament website
CARBON FOOTPRINT :
- Achievement of a carbon footprint every 2 years
- Reduction of carbon emissions by nearly 30% since 2010